5k Your Way – Cancer support group to walk, jog, run
5k Your Way is an initiative provided by MOVE Charity. It is a support group with a difference. A community-based initiative to encourage those living with and beyond cancer, families, friends and those working in cancer services to walk, jog, run, cheer or volunteer at a local 5k Your Way group linked to parkrun on the last Saturday of every month.
Exercise has enormous benefits for people living with and beyond cancer. These include:
- reducing cancer related fatigue
- preserving cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness
- possible reduction in treatment side effects
- improves psychological well-being
- possible reduction in the risk of cancer recurrence and prolonged survival
- but most importantly it’s social and fun.
In addition YouTube and podcast resources are available offering information and support:
5k Your Way YouTube Channel: With Q&As, both educational and inspirational, Move Your Way sessions and workshops.
Move Against Cancer Podcast: Aims is to support and inspire people to move against cancer through sharing the stories of others.
Source: 5k Your Way